Activity monitors, also known as activity trackers, make it a whole lot easier to track your daily physical activity progress towards achieving and maintaining a fit and healthy lifestyle. A physical exercise such as power-walking of minimum 30 minutes per day will have a positive impact on your cardiovascular and pulmonary fitness, tone up your muscles, help with weight loss, energise you and improve your mood.
An activity monitor can tell you how far you’ve walked, how much fat you’ve burnt, and can distinguish between ordinary steps such as walking to the bus stop, and aerobic ones such as going for a run.
OMRON activity monitors are equipped with a 3D sensor which accurately tracks your daily ordinary steps and aerobic steps as well as the associated distance and calories burnt. They also help you analyse your progress over the week through the 7-day memory.
Actually sensitivity and accuracy are linked. For a Step Counter to accurately count steps it needs to know your stride (distance between steps). As you can imagine, this figure becomes the basis for counting. This is why it is critical to follow the Instruction Manual when entering your stride.
1. Click on ‘add new device’ on the Bi-LINK gateway and select the Walking Style Pro 2.0 from the list of devices
2. Remove top cover of the device. The USB port is an integrated part of the device. Connect the device to the USB port on your computer. When placed correctly a connection-symbol appears.
3. When the USB device is connected to your computer for the first time, it may take a few minutes for the device driver to fully install. Please wait until installation is complete before attempting to upload data
4. Go to Bi-LINK Gateway, select your device and press ‘start upload’ button. During transferring process you see an animation on the device display and ‘ok‘ symbol when the transfer is completed.
5. After a successful upload, continue reading your measurements by clicking ‘review data’.
Correct positioning includes placing in your pocket, attaching the unit to your belt or the top of your shorts or pants. Most models have a clip or a strap, it is important to also secure the strap or clip on your clothing to avoid losing the device.
The initial stride length value that blinks on the display is an estimated stride length calculated from the height setting.
Set the actual stride length to use based on the type of walking you will do and your own physique. To measure the correct average stride length, divide the total length of ten steps you walked by the number of steps (e.g.7.8 meter divided by 10 steps = 78 cm).
The Walking style Pro 2.0 comes with a USB connection. Please visit www.bi-link.omron.com for downloading the software. Bi-LINK Online Health Management Platform will allow you to download, view, track and print your Step Counter data. If you own one of the PC Compatible OMRON Blood Pressure Monitors, the same software can be used to capture your blood pressure readings.