We know that hypertension often comes with atrial fibrillation and can present no symptoms but lead to a stroke if left unchecked. Discover OMRON Complete – a device that helps your patients easily and accurately screen for their risk at home.
Easy to Use
Blood pressure and ECG measurements? Meet OMRON Complete. Here's how you do it
Hypertension and Arrhythmias - Modern Management in Primary Care
Dr. Yassir Javaid
How blood pressure control and early detection of atrial fibrillation can prevent strokes
Prof. Dr. med. G. Hindricks
With OMRON Complete, you can take an ECG with a regular blood pressure check
Takes two critical measurements at once to help detect patients' risk of stroke earlier Provides accurate results to aid diagnoses and effective treatment recommendations Helps patients and their caregivers actively monitor the risk of a stroke at homeRead more about atrial fibrillation
Watch our webinar recording to learn more about AF Screening at home
This webinar brought together three leading experts (Prof Dr Faizel Osman, L. Gilbert, B. McDonnell and Dr. Y Javaid (chair) in Atrial Fibrillation. AFib is the leading cause of stroke, contributing to 20%-30% of all strokes. Furthermore, strokes from this condition are more disabling and more often fatal than strokes with other causes. Consequences of strokes can severely compromise the survivor’s ability to live their life at the fullest, as a stroke happens in the brain, the control centre for who we are and what we can do. The panel discussed new developments in the field of early detection of AFib which can improve the prevention of strokes.Watch recording
Diagnostic Value of Atrial Fibrillation by Built-in Electrocardiogram Technology in a Blood Pressure Monitor
Hypertension is a well known risk factor for stroke in patients with atrial fibrillation. A new device, Complete, combines blood pressure monitoring with ECG monitoring which can accurately differentiate sinus rhythm from atrial fibrillation during a blood pressure measurement.6Read more
Managing and identifying AF can be difficult for both patients and healthcare providers because many patients with AF are unable to recognize and distinguish symptoms associated with AF from other conditions, which can impede timely treatment and put them at risk for complications.
AFib is associated with a 5x greater risk of stroke and heart failure, so it’s important to detect and begin treatment early.
Unfortunately, AFib can show no symptoms and may not be present during doctor’s visits because the episodes come and go, which means it’s often left undiagnosed.
Given how serious AFib complications can be, it is important for those who may be at risk to routinely record electrocardiogram (ECG) measurements, according to current medical guidelines.
OMRON Complete is NOT intended for diagnosis of any cardiac conditions without a healthcare professional. Consult a healthcare professional prior to use.
1. Complications: atrial fibrillation. NHS. Reviewed April 24, 2018. Accessed November 2, 2020. https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/atrial-fibrillation/complications.
2. Gómez-Outes A, Lagunar-Ruíz J, Terleira-Fernández A, Calvo-Rojas G, Suárez-Gea ML, Vargas-Castrillón E. Causes of death in anticoagulated patients with atrial fibrillation. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2016;68(23):2508-2521.
3. Hart RG, Pearce LA, Aguilar MI. Meta-analysis: antithrombotic therapy to prevent stroke in patients who have nonvalvular atrial fibrillation. Ann Intern Med. 2007;146(12):857-867.
4. Esato M, Chun Y, An Y, et al. Clinical impact of asymptomatic presentation status in patients with paroxysmal and sustained atrial fibrillation: the Fushimi AF Registry. Chest. 2017;152(6):1266-1275.
5. Hindricks G, Potpara T, Dagres N, et al. 2020 ESC Guidelines for the diagnosis and management of atrial fibrillation developed in collaboration with the European Association of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery (EACTS). Eur Heart J. 2020;ehaa612. doi:10.10/93/eurheartj/ehaa612.
6. Senoo K., et al. Diagnostic Value of Atrial Fibrillation by Built-in Electrocardiogram Technology in a Blood Pressure Monitor. 2020. J-STAGE, 2(7): 345-350